Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

What has been your experience with the question and answer features? Has it increased your visibility and have you benefited in promoting your busines

Alison's contribution:

"Ask not what LinkedIn can do for you, Ask What You Can Do for LinkedIn!" The Ask & Answer facility gives us what we need. 

What: In my little spare time, I've enjoyed writing responses to questions of interest (lack of time and a slow input mechanism - 60 wpm prevents me from contributing more). A pat on the email, and thank yous have been graciously given for some responses. Hopefully others will have given a smile or two to participants. 

Visibility - Yes, notably with one or two invitations to connect with those elusive technical and business engineers who want to shift into new paradigms of working smarter (not longer) hours. 

Benefited - Yes, if only to think that I have given away something which someone may find of value, to have read something causes me to wonder how to make things better - because the best available just isn't good enough sometimes. I'm also compiling a series of articles based on my answers (usual style 1/2 pagers/blog style). I have used some of my answers to compile favourite quotations.... 

I'm at a low ebb right now, so I'm off to read a bit more of Beautiful Child - my book of the week. 

My philosophy - Take what you need, give what you need without thought of thank you or reward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment