Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

What are the best tactics in a job interview to make sure your at the top of a pile?

Alison's contribution:

I'm with Chris from most of his points. Here's my extra two cents: 

1. I look for people who have a) done their homework on the company, its market, competition and pressures and b) problem solvers or who have a vision of something they want to create. How: Gosh that would be telling; let me just say that the words they choose to use have a lot to do with the perception I receive. 
2. I try to figure out whether a candidate is going to inpire a team or sap the energy/life force from it. (And That's All I'm Going to Say About That - Forrest Gump) 

Regarding the challenge you seek I think it depends on your goal. Maybe it's a case of skipping your talent stones in a different pond or moving out of your comfort zone into a new management area. 

Since you've done well enough for yourself and family, perhaps you could start on helping others do well for their themselves and families. I found that the giving back and passing on can be as rewarding as being able to recite Markowitz's Portfolio Theory and use the equation to determine a stock's beta and build a portfolio based on an acceptable level of risk (some say that a dart board works quite well too)... 

No comments:

Post a Comment