Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Feeling unimportant.

Alison's Contribution:

Someone told me a long time ago that "no one could pay you what you are worth", so I feel it's important to separate money from your identify. One saying we have is that "money cannot buy you happiness" and I fear you are recognising the signs that this tenet will always be true. 

If you are in category 1, I would look to use your talents outside your day to day job. Get a hobby which benefits from your unique talents which are going unused, under valued and rusting away to nothing. 

I wish I had the perfect answer for you, but I have found that you never feel better than when you give away or help someone else, so you'll have to look inside for your perfect answer. 

An yes in case you are wondering, answering questions at LinkedIn is one way which helps me make use of talents which would otherwise not have an outlet. I hope you'll see that I'm simply trying to help - I don't care whether I get paid or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment