Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Setting and beating personal challenges

Swimming is my endurance sport of choice. I like other ones, but they have different traits... Here's my input. 

- making every motion count - VFM/VFE 
- action reaction understanding why things happen 
- perfect practice makes perfect - how to improve performance 
- focus - want the goal, enjoy the doing 
- finisher/complete - task finishing - eg don't stop swimming until your hand hits the wall 
- deadline driven - every lap timed 
- race to the finish... eg how to do everything faster, think, learn, execute 
- lateral thinking - eg breathing on both sides, etc 

We used to have fun seeing how far one could get with the dive, one pull one kick... friendly competition 

A friend once said I made it look easy asked me for guidance - I said it was, showed and explained how using metaphors/images.. He then swam even further underwater than I had - turns and all! 

My favourite genre of games tend to be problem solving... individually or working with someone - like bridge where you are looking for/sending signals... The other sort are mental gymnastics... 

No comments:

Post a Comment