Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

How useful have the answers at Q&A been to you?

Alison's contribution:

1. What percentage of answers are really useful? More than 95% have been in the helpful category. Even the flippant ones indicate that someone "out there" could help me if I could find the right approach. In fact, answers to one question showed me that I really wanted to ask a different question to find a solution to a need. 
2. Have they helped you somehow? Most definitely as indicated above. 
3. What criteria do you use to rank the answer? Struggling on this one and I don't have a solution. I've said before the perception of good and best lies in the mind of the individual - and an Answerer's perception that their Answer was best is simply an opinion. Some of my "best answers" have been typed out in under two minutes (it would be less if I had a quicker keyboard...), and no doubt others will take much longer to craft their response.

I would not want to exclude contributions simply because many Answerers choose to wear a black hat (contructive criticism). There are tons of resources about the thinking hat system and it is used in Year 7-12 in my son's school to help analyse thinking styles. - see link below. 

However, I tend to think about the intent of the Answerer - eg which de Bono thinking hats do they user for answering the question and whether their information was clear.

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment