Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

new babies

Alison's contribution:

I was lucky in that friends sent so many flowers that I had rainbows of colour for weeks afterwards - I am reminded every time I smell fresh freesias or see a lizyanthus. 

Given that it's going to be March, perhaps aromatherapy might also be an option - I remember my sense of smell was quite acute - a couple of my favourites are patchouli & lavender or lemon. Oh and definitely herbal teas. 

I did envy a friend who told me it was the custom in her religion that she did not prepare food for at least 6 weeks.... she was virtually waited on hand and foot (not least of which was that the house was taken care of for her as well). Sometimes it's the little things which make a big difference. 

Sometimes it's the big celebrations, sometimes it's the little everyday things which make the day brighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment