Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2009

What are the challenges to getting a book published and becoming successful?

Alison's Contribution:

Interesting questions - but getting published is the easy part - check out www.lulu.com who print books on demand and have a kind of viral referral system going.

As I happens, I'm in the middle of getting started to write a book who's time has come. Most of my challenges have to do are about making time to focus on getting words down on paper. Like all authors who take pride in their work I want it to be valuable contribution so getting some feedback is vital.

In terms of getting exposure/success (which I have taken to mean sales)- that certainly is a challenge. Of the hundreds of thousands of books which get publised, few sell more than 10,000 copies.

Is there a best way? I don't know. Certainly the rounds of talk shows, book clubs and every marketing ploy out there have to be a good thing - does You Tube have book readings and reviews?

No comments:

Post a Comment