Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2009

Networking Tips

Alison's Contribution:

I'm not suer what your question is but assume that is something along the lines of "How many great Networking tips can we come up with in a week?"

I for one would appreciate a list of all..

And yes, my tip is that if you are going to blast your network (from 1 to man) with something - give them a positive action to take with a deadline. You are more likely to get a real response rather than the "Thanks that was interesting."/"Yes (wo)men" feedback.

Alison Murray
Clarification added May 28, 2007:
My apologies for the typos - my machine is in the shop and this keyboard doesn't "fly" as quickly. Plus I've lost my Google Spell check. So SURE, and MANY hit me like a slap in the face.

I think there's an art to asking a question so that it gets the results you want.

Curiousity: What's the ratio of Positive "DOs" to Negatives? I'm doing a Triple P - Positive (Teenage) Parenting Programme and have re-discovered that if you find the least little thing to praise and state things with a positive intention (NLP), you'll get the result you seek. Anyone else notice the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment