Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2009

Invitations .. from various individuals .. what and why?

Alison's Contribution:

Here's my two cents.

First - as to why there has been an increase in invitations. I suspect it has to do with your recent exposure on Answers. (I don't believe that many people have just learned how to search.)

Second - as to why they would invite you to link. With the way that Linked In works, extending your reach across the now 11M+ members is an almost full time activity for some people (dare I say recruiters). Others assume that if you have made your email address public that you'll link to anyone.

Third - how I respond to invitations. For me, it depends on how I feel at the time and how much time and effort I feel they have spent on a personalised approach. Many I let expire - particularly the one liners from recruiters who have not noticed that I don't link with my competition unless we have some sort of partnership agreement or I know them personally. I suspect many others are the same.

This is about as much input as I've got this morning. As Mother Teresa said "I know God will not give me anyting I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment