Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Is the business LinkedIn upgrade worth the 20 dollars a month?

Alison's Contribution:

I have a Business Plus account for my own business (executive search). I find that it is good value from time to time in terms of reaching people. I sometimes need the Pro upgrade. Here is my thinking about critical focus factors: 

1) what is the best approach - call, email, LinkedIn 
2) if LinkedIn, is this person's email address active or are they active at LinkedIn (easier to determine if they are active on Answers) 
3) will an Introduction or Inmail get the best response. I often get Introductions which were meant as Invitations and Introductions asking for a referral which has a one liner about passing on someone's detail. 

Quite often I won't hear back from either an Inmail or Introduction - for my industry, that is expected - it's a bit like asking someone if they want a cup of coffee - not right now is the assumption I make. 

So in summary, if you think 3 Inmails can bring real value, then would 10 for $50 be better value if you intend to use it for growing your business. 

One last thing I would like to add is that if an Inmail does not generate a response in 7 days, then you are given another one to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment