Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2009

Do you know any Agents or Agencies for Film Music Composers?

Alison's Contribution:

I remember reading an article a couple of years ago about how hard it is for composers to find their next job and then work with the team. I have not run across a specific firm. However, I think the best people to network with are the ones who get the start up crew in order - I'm thinking at the Director, Executive Producers stage. I suggest you also network with these and the next couple of tiers of people helping them do a fantastic job. There are some of these kinds of people on LinkedIn, but you're more likely to find them through the creative agencies.

Getting "found" is a crucial element here. So you're definitely someone who wants to link with all the popular places - YouTube, MySpace, etc.

I also assume your email signatures have a "strap line" to your latest greatest sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment