Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2009

I have a new business book on influencing titled : Influence, Power and the U Perspective- The Art of Getting What You Want: Anyone have any good idea

Alison's Contribution:

Here's my pragmatic approach:

1. Printing on Demand / Distribution
Have you used www.Lulu.com? I think you can use them to publish on demand and then offer it on a number of on-line book shops as well. Your foreign book reviews should stand you in good stead

2. Book Reviews
By virtue of Step 1, you'll get more "foot" traffic because of the association of your book. The next step is to think of where people look for inspiration for the books they will be likely to purchase and get a few review in.
3. Distribution Agents
I would contact the distribution agents directly and see if they had a way of offering specials for your book when book shops called in / ordered on-line.

That's as much as I can think of in 5 minutes. Hope it helps.

Alison Murray

BTW, I'm in the middle of pulling a book together. Let me know how you fare as I'm likely to want to take advantage of the learning you've made. Also, let me know if you publish on Lulu - I didn't spot a copy of your book at two book stores last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment