Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Mobile TV, how to reach the masses

Alison's Contribution:

I think Barbara has summed it up well. Slight digression: Historically Japan has been way ahead in the TV stakes - HDTV was up and running there over 15 years ago (even though it started with one channel and I think about 4 hours a day). 

In other words, I think the economic model in Japan has already shifted and the rest of the world has yet to catch up. 

For me the real question is what you will prefer as your mobile TV - a small phone screen or a tablet size "widesceen" with the same, if not better connectivity. I think a lot of consumers will play a "wait and see" game to see if the next generation produces something which will give them another "gadget on the go"** in which to invest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment