Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2009

Which free calendar program should I "commit to" for the long term, so that it does not get defunct with time (details below)?

Alison's Contribution:

I have a similar need. I haven't found the answer yet.

My prime directive is to have it connect my contact information with my diary and task list... note this is a stand alone one - eg I'm not looking to have anyone else look at my calendar (at this point)

I trying to make sense of my requirements, mine include (in no particular order).

1. Ability to update (and to be updated by) contacts and external parties
2. Ability to click through to my master sets of data for the contact
3. Ability to schedule recurring events - daily, weekly, monthly, annually - including noting details for anniversary.
4. Ability to show daily, weekly, monthly schedules - with tasks
5. Uncompleted tasks need to fall forward... so they can be remembered
6. Alarms - a day ahead, an hour before I have to leave to make the appointment, 5 minutes so I can focus would be a BOON! Even better if it could send me a text in case I don't have it open at the time.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other MustDos for me.

In the meantime, I'm soldiering on with using a small 1 day per page diary - it doubles as a notebook, writing diary and log of interesting things I find along the way.

Hope this helps,

Alison
posted 7 days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment