Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2009

if anyone can let me know good videos on management or team building or communication which can be bought over the counter, plz tell me names and wher

Alison's Contribution:

I have a couple of recommendations to make.

I don't know whether you can get a local supplier to source them for you or whether it would be simplier to order them from source.

Video Arts make great training material. We used to use bits of them to break up the serious business of getting on with performance improvement workshops. It was a great way of lightening the mood, creating a common experience and vocabulary and it was fun! If you want to inject humour, make sure it is seriously funny.

In particular, John Cleese has one about the Importance of Making Mistakes. I reviewed it at home prior to a training course. My mother was visiting at the time to baby sit whilst I would be away. She enthused about it being spot on - making the point clearly understood. I can't find it on the web site so I have an email out to them.

John Cleese now has his own training video shop. I have not yet had time to explore.

Links for both sites are below. In case you have never heard of John Cleese, I've attached the wikipedia link. He makes complex business issues seriously funny.

In my book, laughter is the shortest distance between two people. So if you can get your team to laugh at the same thing, it will build common ground.

Hope this helps,

Alison
Links:
http://www.videoarts.co.uk/
http://www.johncleesetraining.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cleese
Clarification added 7 days ago:
Vikrant,

The Importance of Making Mistakes is available through John Cleese's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment