Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2009

ebooks - Kindle 2

Alison's Contribution:

I don't use the Kindle. Way back when my son was in Year 1, I bought 2 IPAQs on the strength of the promise that all school children would be issued one on which to do their homework. Bought the attachable keyboard too. Wanted to make sure my son is technically proficient - first PC at 2. The IPAQs bit the dust a few years ago - TOO Clunky - to big to fit my hand... Caused envy on the tube when I read a book.... LOL

Now I have a N800 - great screen; have put in a 8GB flash card - wireless connection to internet is perfect for on the go mapping and browsing. Would love to find a way to get solar power going with it as I am sometimes away from an outlet. There is a newer model with a push out keyboard which would make input even better. The handwriting on my is a bit hit and miss at present. Have yet to find an ebook reader with a library so I can "star trek" about with my neat, light gadget.

The market for Amazon's book store has taken a new twist - see my question about the iPhone reader application maker they bought last week.

So think a screen about the size of an iPhone if you want to compose and intelligible book to sell on it.

All the best,

Alison
posted 3 days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment