Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2009

Is Twitter just Fashion or does it bring something to our social relations?

Alison's Contribution:

Interesting question. At this point, I'm not limiting the realm of possibilities as to how I view Twitter. Here are what I have seen so far:

1. The ability to find and follow interesting people enables me to expand my thinking.
2. The ability to rebroadcast these thoughts I trust is helping me become a more interesting person to those that follow me.

In turn, I trust that they too take the same steps as me above.

Does that mean I "Twich" every time I get an update.. well no... my method is to go through the "Tweets" I've received periodically through the day. Like you, I suspect I needed to find a balance between getting things done and looking for inspiration.

Does it enable me to "know" someone better? To an extent, yes.

Does it enable anyone who follows me to know me better? To the extent of what I share on Twitter, yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment