Search This Blog

Thursday 21 May 2009

Google profiles. They are watching You!!

Alison's Contribution:

I think your profile looks like a good start - much more information than I have currently populated, so thanks for some great ideas!

In terms of "being found", the challenge I see is that people with a common name like yours or mine have an additional challenge of "associating" with the content which is ours rather than a namesake.

I checked on LinkedIn and there appear to be over 120 James Garner registered. (and I thought I had a tough time with 38 Alison Murrays - LOL). Like you, I included my middle initial in my google profile name.

I think Profiles is a good place to start to "hang other content off of" - I can't think of a better way to express it. So rather than get a bunch of "Stuff", one could find the correct James Garner and then find all the internet resources associated with that person.

For me, I'm happy for the US to test bed it and get the bugs sorted out.

In terms of what's next on Google's radar, I hope it involves something I have never thought of before - I'm sure someone will find a clever way of using it... a bit like using maps.google.xxx to job search.... LOL

All the best,

Alison
posted 3 days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment