Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2009

Do you keep and recall your login details for your email communications?

Alison's Contribution:

I'm the kind of person that organises my life to suit me best. I suffered a lot of spam in the early 1990s so this is what I do.

1. More than one email address set up. Two point to a recogniseable me. Another one is where all my emails from business school (un unfortuantely the spammers ends up).
2. If I think I'm going to end up with spam, I use this third account. I may sign up for info from this third account just to test the spam numbers received.

3. If I decide I trust them, I sign up with one of my two "real" ids... Their purpose is set in different ways - one I'm signed in most of the time, the other I check once a week or so.

This elimiates the need to redo my email accounts continually.

All the best,

Alison
posted 1 day ago

No comments:

Post a Comment