Search This Blog

Thursday 21 May 2009

How has twitter, facebook, linkedin, myspace or other forms of social media impacted you? Professionally and/or personally?

Alison's Contribution:

I "twitch" a lot more - meaning that I check up on the new updates I get more frequently during the day.

It's a good way to take a mental break from my work which can involve intense concentration. And yes, I do tend to investigate interesting links -or send a personal message back.... so they benefit is two fold = I benefit from the edification and secondly, my "network" is the stronger for it.

When I'm between "gigs" I would say that the interaction is definitely worthwhile as it provides and additional link to the world around me. When I am on contract, it can be a bit daunting to read everyone's updates in one fell swoop, however, it's worthwhile.

I'm a big fan of LinkedIn (with an RSS feed for network updates), I'm learning to tweet responsibly and I have accounts at Facebook and Xing. I've yet to figure out how to use MySpace... so if you learn any tidbits, I'm all ears.

All the best,

Alison
posted 3 days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment