Search This Blog

Sunday 10 May 2009

How are you staying positive?

Alison's Contribution:

How clever you are. I like your sense of fun coupled with creativity.

I also like puzzles I'm always looking for some good clean humour.

Recipe : Take equal doses of both, work on it like a super sudoku and what do you get? Some interesting observations....

So the other day, I was thinking, what has gotten my almamater to the top of the pile - LBS has worked quite hard, attracted the kind of students who will inspire the world. At least that is what the world knows... And yet I ponder. Perhaps it is something more..

Lets see what other things LBS might mean - I came up with LESS - ok, got that.

Less I got now for the rest. BS.. where did that take me - why to Less is Best of course! - although it really doesn't matter if you parked at Less BS

So what? Well, I sent a few bits of humour to some of my friends - good clean humour - the kind that gets a REAL laugh, and I got a wonderful one back from my teammate, Steve Nixon, which helps understand the way the world works...

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? Striving for 110% or giving that extra mile.

So, that made me wonder, What makes up 100% in life?

Now, I mentioned I liked puzzles. So here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

can be represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%*


and


K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

However

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND look how far ass kissing will take you.
A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the Bullshit and Ass kissing that will get you to the top.

However, if you need to KISS IT - Keep it Simple & Sweet.. and have only 5 letters on which to depend, then TRUST Trumps the lot of them.

So can you guess what card game I love to play to keep my brain ticking over? LOL Counting cards is fun - particularly if you can keep a pleasant conversation going in between hands.

All the best,

Alison
posted 1 day ago

No comments:

Post a Comment